Community Spaces Funding
The Co-op Community Spaces Program was established to improve community health and well-being by building places for Western Canadians to come together, build social connections and enable community development.
Projects can apply for between $25,000 and $150,000 in capital funding in three categories:
Providing enhanced recreation spaces in community.
recreation centres, playgrounds.
Preservation of natural spaces in the community.
green spaces, interpretive centers.
Small-scale community agriculture initiatives in both rural and urban spaces.
community gardens, food education facilities.
Applicants eligible for funding include:
- Registered charities under the Canada Revenue Agency with valid registration numbers
- Registered non-profit organizations under their provincial government with proof of registration (e.g. letters of incorporation)
- Non-profit organizations partnered with their municipal government who will accept funding and issue receipts on their behalf
- Community service co-operatives
Projects eligible for funding must:
- Be available and accessible for community use
- Align with one of the three funding categories (recreation, environmental conservation or urban agriculture)
- Be completed within two years
- Be a capital project
- Be located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba
- Provide the opportunity for permanent signage
Projects ineligible for funding include:
- Those that support religious or politically affiliated organizations
- Those that will have adverse environmental impacts
- Those that are third-party fundraising campaigns
APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
All applicants will be notified of funding decisions by June
For inquiries please contact email@example.com
For inquiries see our FAQ PDF