Community Spaces Funding
Community Spaces was developed to support projects in the communities across Western Canada in which we live, work and operate. Projects can apply for between $25,000 and $150,000 in capital funding in three categories: recreation, environmental conservation, and urban agriculture.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Registered charities with valid registration numbers under the Canada Revenue Agency
- Non-profit organizations registered under their provincial government with proof of registration (e.g. letters of incorporation)
- Non-profit organizations working with their municipal government who will accept funding and issue receipts on their behalf
- Community service co-operatives
What criteria must projects meet?
- Be available and accessible for community use
- Align with one of the three funding categories (recreation, environmental conservation or urban agriculture)
- Be completed within two years
- Be a capital project
- Be located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba
- Provide the opportunity for permanent signage
What projects are ineligible for funding?
- Politically affiliated organizations
- Faith-based projects that are not available to the community
- Those that will have adverse environmental impacts
- Those that are third-party fundraising campaigns
Learn more Community Spaces and the application process here:
Applications run through Feb. 1 - Mar. 1 2024 (5 p.m. CST)