Your local Co-op has been hard at work to make sure we have clean, safe, well-stocked environments for our customers.
With the help of Co-op team members, communities and customers, we’re finding new ways to serve and connect during this unprecedented time. We’ve been taking measures to flatten the curve and align to the guidance provided by governments and public health authorities, including:
- Promoting physical distancing by reducing the number of customers in our stores at one time.
- Taking steps beyond our already high cleaning standards to make sure our stores are frequently cleaned and sanitized.
- Keeping our team members updated with guidance from public health authorities and what it means for each of us:
- Employees who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms are directed to self-isolate at home and seek testing.
- Following recommendations of self-isolation for those who have traveled outside of Canada and in some cases, out of province.
- Offering safe shopping options that promote safe physical distancing, which can include online shopping with curbside pick-up or delivery, installing plexiglass shields and incorporating floor markers.
- Committing that our prices on all essential items remain stable throughout this challenging time.
- Planning for a deep clean and sanitizing any site or facility where a confirmed case of COVID-19 is identified.
Co-op stores have been finding innovative ways to serve their customers during this time.
Thank you for being a loyal Co-op customer and member. We’ll continue to update you on our efforts to help your local co-ops and communities stay safe and healthy.