Co-op will award $2 million to projects across Western Canada in 2018. Individual projects are eligible to apply for between $25,000 and $150,000 in funding.
Projects eligible for funding must:
- be a registered non-profit, registered charitable organization or a community service co-operative
- be a capital project located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba
- be completed in two years
- provide the opportunity for permanent signage
Project ineligible for funding include:
- those that support religious or politically affiliated organizations
- those that will have adverse environmental impacts
- those that are third-party fundraising campaigns
- those that are led solely by municipal governments and do not have a charitable or non-profit partner (Local non-profits and charities partnering with their local municipality must apply on behalf of the project)
Providing enhanced recreation spaces in community.
Examples: recreation centres, playgrounds.
Preservation of natural spaces in the community.
Examples: green spaces, interpretive centers.
Small-scale community agriculture initiatives in both rural and urban spaces.
Examples: community garden, food education facilities.